As you pray for your miracle today, are you expecting GREAT THINGS from Jesus?
Flip open the Word to Luke 7:11-17 and listen in on what a dead guy has to say about believing for miracles.
In the town of Nain, Jesus dropped in for Starbucks, ordered a Hazelnut decaf, and overheard a conversation that a widow’s son had passed. He leaned over the counter and caught the barista’s eye.
“Make that to go!” After snatching his cup of joe, he jogged down the dusty street to the funeral procession carrying a frame with the man in a coffin. The crowd was just at the city gate when the Lord approached them. The widow was sobbing, and two women had their arms about her shoulders.
Jesus turned to the widow and said, “Don’t cry.” He touched the coffin and the coffin bearers stopped. What was this carpenter from Jerusalem about to do?
He said, “Young man, I say to you, get up!” The dead man sat up. What did he say? Bet it was something like:
- “Why is everyone crying?”
- “Okay, whose idea was the coffin? We were praying for a miracle, right?”
- “Jesus, thanks! Hug?”
- “Who would like prayer right now? I have faith for healing.”
- “Dad’s in heaven. Is he catching this?”
- “Anyone capture this with your smartphone? This SO needs to go out on Facebook.”
- “Jesus, where are You off to next? I’m going with You.”
- “Where are my shoes?”
The crowd was filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.” This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding country.
- When you pray, expect a miracle! Roll up your sleeves. Take that lumber you were planning to use for a coffin and make it into bookshelves instead. You’re going to need them to contain all the journals recording Jesus’ healings that lie ahead.
- When you’re healed in an area, such as when the Lord healed me of fibromyalgia two years ago, you’ve got faith to pray for others with similar challenges. Don’t intercede cautiously. Run with it! Declare it! Proclaim it! Speak it out!
- Your assignment: to remember how God has spoken to you in the past and anticipate with excitement that He’ll speak to you again in His time.
- Spread the good news about Christ’s healing!
- What lies ahead? Adventure! Bring your smartphone and an extra pair of shoes. And an extra cuppa joe for Jesus.
What miracle are you expecting today?
Get "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Enter your first name and email address and get your FREE ebook "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Discover how to make decisions you won't regret. No matter what changes life has for you today, you can overcome the anxiety of tough decisions with a clear head, peaceful heart, and confidence.
Expect good changes. See them come to life.
Betcha God makes a way where there is no way.
In times of anxiety or disconnect, with these 10 practical tips, you can make clear decisions you won't regret.
Sign up here!