Tuesday of last week, I tutored a student just after a gunman shot and killed three people at a mall a few blocks away down the street. Friday I learned a man in Connecticut shot and killed twenty-seven – most young children. With tears streaming down my cheeks, I lift my eyes to our Creator.
Join me and pray:
- Lord, we resolve to spend extra time with You in prayer, so we can sense Your love for us. Here is our safe place.
- Today, as Your children, we sit on Your lap and tenderly touch the lines carved in Your face – creases round Your eyes put there by years of laughter and tears.
- What grieves us grieves Your Holy Spirit. We absorb Your singular comfort.
- We have not received a spirit of fear, but one of power, of love, and a sound mind. We have the mind of Christ here and now.
- We fight back by forgiving the criminals. We fight back by forgiving those who’ve offended or hurt us.
- Although it doesn’t make sense, we declare You’re working even this for good.
- Father, here’s a blank slate for You to write on. What are you saying to us in this?
What did you hear from God as you prayed?
Get "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Enter your first name and email address and get your FREE ebook "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Discover how to make decisions you won't regret. No matter what changes life has for you today, you can overcome the anxiety of tough decisions with a clear head, peaceful heart, and confidence.
Expect good changes. See them come to life.
Betcha God makes a way where there is no way.
In times of anxiety or disconnect, with these 10 practical tips, you can make clear decisions you won't regret.
Sign up here!