Last week I was inspired and uplifted at Graham Cooke’s conference, Developing Your Destiny, in Anaheim, California. Here are a few sound bytes:
- Truth doesn’t make an 18-inch drop from your head to your heart. It begins in your heart and works its way up.
- Lean into crisis. It’s where you’re transformed. It creates the hunger to stay there.
- God schedules your conflicts. When the enemy shows up, I say, “Shove off. You’re not on my schedule.”
- You can move faster. Arrive walking. Leave running.
- Never bow to a negative. Instead, say, “I wonder if there’s another way to think about that or to say that.”
- Live Kingdom. The word “church” is used four times in the Bible. The word “Kingdom” is used eighty-five times.
- God uses our placement to deposit things in our situations. Portray His presence with acts of faith. Use your prophecies to challenge the circumstances you’re in.
- We’re most effective when we alternately move forward with faith, making sweeps and searching for spiritual action; and pause with patience, which is calmness and composure as we wait.
- We have a trust fund with Christ as our co-heir, co-signer, and guarantor. We trust God. He trusts us. God deposits His wisdom and presence before we’re resourced.
- Review your prophetic words 40-50 times each. Meditate on them. Live in your prophecies. Read them out loud to God. Say, “Lord, You said . . .” Even if people don’t hear every word, God does. God’s listening.
The last point above was my favorite takeaway. In the last couple of days, I’ve been transcribing audio files of prophetic words. I added Google images to several, printed them, and put them in a binder. I’m excited. I’d figured all these years that revisiting prophetic words was like a treat to be savored now and then. But now I plan to meditate on them and allow them to soak into my soul, a process that God will use to shift me into my present-future identity. And if you’re like me, that’s an ongoing process, connected with God’s glory in a powerful way.
Which Graham Cooke quote above resonates with you? What present-future promise is God calling you to meditate on?
Get "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Enter your first name and email address and get your FREE ebook "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
In a time of change with anxiety or regret? With these practical tips, get clarity and confidence!