A couple of weeks ago, I was bird-dogging (for new readers, that’s making sales cold calls) in downtown Portland on a series of complicated one-way streets. Pulling out of a parking lot, I glanced to my right. Yes, traffic in the far lanes was heading left. But, turning left into the closest lane, I suddenly met up with cars bearing down on me.
Hare in the headlights moment. Turns out it was a two-way street. Oops.
Traffic literally came to screeching halt. Several honking horns and gnarly faces later, I sheepishly pulled into the right lane.
“’Ello, gov’na! Jolly fine mornin’, eh what?” I mumbled in my best British accent, and then bit my lower lip.
- On the most distracted days, we all make bad mistakes.
- In the middle of our loopy mistakes, God often steps in to protect us.
- When God steps in, sometimes there’s noise and a bit of shouting.
- If you look close enough, hidden inside the noise and shouting is peace and calm in a safe place – the presence of God.
- Be different than Lynn. Look both ways before crossing the street.
What’s the most foolish mistake you’ve made recently? Where was your safe place in it?
Get "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Enter your first name and email address and get your FREE ebook "10 Tips for a Smart Transition."
Discover how to make decisions you won't regret. No matter what changes life has for you today, you can overcome the anxiety of tough decisions with a clear head, peaceful heart, and confidence.
Expect good changes. See them come to life.
Betcha God makes a way where there is no way.
In times of anxiety or disconnect, with these 10 practical tips, you can make clear decisions you won't regret.
Sign up here!